Sunday 14 April 2013

The Trip to the Hospital

Standing there by the mail box, watching the ambulance back away, I could feel my heart racing. "Poor Nanna, would she be okay?" I wondered.

Nanna and Grandpa had been at our place for dinner when suddenly Nanna felt lightheaded and sat down for a while. Dad was trying to distract me from worrying by cooking me dinner outside on the BBQ. Then he called the ambulance.

Looking out the window waiting, watching for the ambulance I had butterflies in my stomach. I didn't know if I wanted to eat dinner. Then the ambulance drove up the drive and the ambulance staff walked into the house. I couldn't help getting up from dinner and peeking around the corner - just watching. Then they had to stand by Nanna's side holding her up to the ambulance and off the drove to the hospital!

Later than night I was hoping that Nanna would be all right. Suddenly Dad got a call and I was eavesdropping. When he finished I quickly asked him who it was and he said it was Nanna. She was going to be all right. So then I went to sleep peacefully, not worrying about anything.
by Bethany.

No comments:

Post a Comment